To enable us to open and deliver a safe environment for everyone to enjoy, all safety measures have been put in place and in accordance with Public Health England and the Local Authority. Here is the governments full current guidance, including current legislation for educational and childcare settings including guidance on vulnerable children and young adults;
As per the governments current legislation, TLA have taken the following steps:-
1) Classes will open with restricted numbers of 8 students and 2 staff members per session.
2) Students will have a 'taped dance space' which will enable them to move freely and enjoy group work whilst maintaining social distancing guidelines at all times.
3) All workshops have been developed so that each student will be able to enjoy group interactions with their fellow 'TLA Cast Members' but no student will be asked to complete any tasks/games that involves any hand to hand contact.
4) Additional cleaning is being adhered to at THE STUDIO to maintain the highest standards of hygiene. We have also allocated extra time in between each class to ensure that further, thorough cleaning can take place.
5) We have not included a 'snack break' and use of the current kitchen will not be permitted to staff, students or parents.
6) Students are permitted to bring their own refreshments. We ask that students do not share their drinks with anyone else in the group.
7) Students must use the sanitising gel prior to entering the building and will also be encouraged during the session to reapply.
8) We understand that it will be very daunting for our students on the first day and if needed, parents are welcome to sit in the studio. We ask that social distancing rules are adhered to at all times and parents sit separate from each other (these areas will also be marked clearly) We also ask at present that each student comes into the studio with one family member, this is to enable us to keep the amount of people in the studio to a minimum.
9) As workshop classes must be kept to a maximum of 8 students , all families must book prior. Please complete the registration/booking form and someone will be in touch to confirm the first available class.
10) We are also only able to open at present if your child is able to understand and follow social distancing rules.
11) Payment must be taken when booking. This will remove the option of cash payments taken on the day. This will also secure your child's future classes.
12) As we have a new studio, a full risk assessment will be available shortly for you to read, and a link will be placed here.
13) Those in self-isolation due to living with someone who has tested positive or who has the symptoms must not attend TLA under any circumstance.
14) Government guidance states that if you have symptoms of COVID-19 you must self-isolate at home for at least 10 days from when your symptoms started. All other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days.
15) If at any time your child or a household member displays COVID-19 symptoms and you have already attended a TLA class, then please inform us, to ensure that we can inform other class members and continue to run TLA safely.
16) Our guidelines will continue to be updated as per the current government guidelines, this may involve having to cancel at any given time. Any monies that have been paid will be refunded in full .