1) The Limelight Academy (TLA) is a stand alone company and our studio is based at THE STUDIO @ Trinity Sports Centre. Please divert any questions directly to The Limelight Academy Organisation and not Trinity Sports Centre.
2) We ask that parents/carers arrive during the set registration time prior to class. This is to ensure that all classes begin on time and that students have time to settle prior to class.
2) Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used for promotion and on social media by The Limelight Academy. If you do not give permission for your child's photo to be taken, please inform us when you register.
3) The Limelight Academy engages industry based professionals to instruct classes. At times scheduled teachers may not be available and as such an alternative teacher of equal or greater qualification will replace the scheduled teacher. Due to the nature of the entertainment industry and the high standard of teachers employed at The Limelight Academy, Teachers may rotate and change at the discretion of management.
4) It is the managements decision with regards to the class selection. Each child will be placed in a class that is suitable for them to achieve to their best ability.
5) All students must be registered for the classes they attend. Unregistered children will not be allowed to participate in the class.
6) Students are expected to demonstrate respectful behaviour towards their teacher and fellow students.
7) The Limelight Academy reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at it's discretion.
8) We are unable to offer 1-1 support nor are we able to assist with personal care. This is due to staffing ratios and the nature of the classes that we teach.
9) We offer a structured timetable which includes all three elements of performing arts; Song, Dance and Acting. However we may change classes at any time if we feel it benefits the student.
10) Students who will be enrolled in ACT III will require a level of commitment. This is due to the 'SHOWCASE' which will be held , where students have a leading role.
QUESTION AND ANSWER
We have developed each session so that their is something for everyone! We strongly believe that the performing arts are one of the best ways to help children and young adults with additional needs to gain confidence and build self esteem, therefore we have devised our classes to encompass as many students as possible. We have more advanced classes which is open to children who have a real passion for performing but may have struggled at the speed of a regular dance or acting class.
How do I decide what class is best for my child?
The first day is our casting day. All students will take part in a group singing, acting and dancing class (all in groups, but adhering to social distancing at all times) We specialise in working with larger groups of students with additional needs and each student will be placed in a class where they will thrive. We will contact each parent/carer to confirm their child's place for the next term. We have reduced our class sizes from 15 to 8 students to enable enough space for each child to comfortably perform.
ACT I, ACT II and ACT III are for children and young adults 8-18, the FINAL ACT is a class specifically for young adults aged 19-25. Our classes are flexible and during each new intake, we devise our next term based around what is best for your child.
How much does each session cost?
Each 1 and half hour session costs £12. This includes a 15 minute refreshment break. It is difficult for some of our students to concentrate for longer periods of time. Their will be a 45 minute class, followed by a 15 minute break and then a following 30 minute class. During each session; dance, acting or role-play and singing will be included. Due to Covid-19 payments must be completed online prior to your confirmed class. Also group work and the refreshment break have been adjusted to follow current government guidelines. All TLA current guidelines can be found HERE.
Can I stay with my child during the lesson?
Parents/carers etc are welcome to stay with their child until the child is comfortable in class. At present we ask that only one family member stays in the studio, this is to keep the amount of people down to a minimum during current climates. We try and encourage independence in each child as we have found that many children perform more freely when they are able to rehearse independently, so once your child is settled we ask that you remain on the premises but not in the studio. We also have a showcase performance in the theatre where all family members and friends will be invited to watch their child perform!
How do I book my free space?
Our next induction day will be the 3rd October 2020, Reserve your space here
(Classes are being run at a reduced capacity due to COVID19, therefore places are limited)
What happens on the first casting day?
You will be contacted via email to confirm a time to attend, then all you need to do is show up!
The Limelight Academy,
THE STUDIO @ Trinity Sports Centre, Cambridge Street, M15 6HP
Tel: 07464 120 061