1) The Limelight Academy (TLA) is a stand alone company and our studio is based at Oasis Academy, MediaCityUK. Please divert any questions directly to The Limelight Academy Organisation and not Oasis Academy.
2) Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used for promotion and on social media by The Limelight Academy. If you do not give permission for your child's photo to be taken, please inform us when you register.
3) The Limelight Academy engages industry based professionals to instruct classes. At times scheduled teachers may not be available and as such an alternative teacher of equal or greater qualification will replace the scheduled teacher. Due to the nature of the entertainment industry and the high standard of teachers employed at The Limelight Academy, Teachers may rotate and change at the discretion of management.
4) It is the managements decision with regards to the class selection. Each child will be placed in a class that is suitable for them to achieve to their best ability.
5) All students must be registered for the classes they attend. Unregistered children will not be allowed to participate in the class.
6) Students are expected to demonstrate respectful behaviour towards their teacher and fellow students.
7) The Limelight Academy reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at it's discretion.
8) We are unable to offer 1-1 support nor are we able to assist with personal care. This is due to staffing ratios and the nature of the classes that we teach.
9) We offer a structured timetable which includes all three elements of performing arts; Song, Dance and Acting. However we may change classes at any time if we feel it benefits the student.
QUESTION AND ANSWER
We have developed each session so that their is something for everyone! We strongly believe that the performing arts are one of the best ways to help children and young adults with additional needs to gain confidence and build self esteem, therefore we have devised our classes to encompass as many students as possible. We have more advanced classes which is open to children who have a real passion for performing but may have struggled at the speed of a regular dance or acting class.
How do I decide what class is best for my child?
We specialise in working with larger groups of students with additional needs and each student will be placed in a class where they will thrive. Our classes are flexible and during each new intake we advise what class based on age or ability. The most important thing is that your child is comfortable and enjoys their class.
How much does each session cost?
Each 1 hour session costs £10. During each session; dance, acting or role-play and singing will be included.
Can I stay with my child during the lesson?
Parents/carers etc are welcome to stay with their child until the child is comfortable in class. We try and encourage independence in each child as we have found that many children perform more freely when they are able to rehearse independently, so once your child is settled we ask that you remain on the premises but not in the studio. We also have a showcase performance in the theatre where all family members and friends will be invited to watch their child perform!
How do I book my space?
Term starts on Saturday 1st October 2022. Forward your enquiries and information here
(places are limited and will come on a first come first serve basis)
What happens before the first lesson?
You will be contacted via email to confirm a time to book and attend, then all you need to do is show up!
The Limelight Academy,
Dance Studio @ Oasis Academy, MediaCityUK, King William St, Salford M50 3UQ
Tel: 07464 120 061